The Gas Safe Register is the official list of gas engineers who are qualified to work safely and legally on gas appliances. It replaced CORGI.
To make sure that gas appliances such as boilers, fires, ovens and hobs are fitted, fixed and serviced safely, only a Gas Safe registered engineer qualified for that particular task, should carry out the work. If someone else undertakes gas work, they are breaking the law and could put lives at risk.
Badly fitted and poorly serviced appliances can leak gas and cause fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning.
Protect yourself from the dangers by following these steps:
Landlords are legally responsible for the safety of their tenants
By law landlords must make sure:
If you are a tenant always:
Remember, if you think a gas appliance is faulty turn it off and let your landlord know immediately. Badly fitted and poorly serviced appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning.
If you feel unwell seek medical help immediately.
The main signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are:
National Gas Emergency Helpline:
0800 111 999
Gas Safe Register:
0800 408 5500